Saturday, March 29, 2008

Uncomfortable--originally written on March 3, 2008

I have entered the risk zone--a life beyond the status quo. I have abandoned myself to God--to a higher standard, to a greater call, to a life "less ordinary". The more I live this life, the more I realise that my discomfort is insignificant in light of eternity. I have all of eternity to be comfortable and happy, so why do I complain so vehemently against the temporary discomforts of this brief existence?

 I don't believe for a minute that this character stretching will ease or lessen. Sometimes I feel as though I am gasping for air--I cry out to God, "Could You just take a five minute break, please?" I want it easy, until I recognise that He is committed to bringing me as close to perfection as possible before I enter eternity. Jesus will spare nothing in refining me--not His Life, nor mine.

God, give me grace as You work in my life. Give me peace to endure the storms and discomforts of refining. Give me love for those who are on this journey with me.

"Don't think I've come to make life cozy."--Jesus, Matthew 10:34 (The Message)

No comments: